What is insulated glass?
Insulated glass is a vacuum sealed individual unit with a "dead" air space in between the two (or more) panes. The dead air space assists in reducing the transmission of head or cold-
If over time you notice the glass has become hazy inside of the two panes or "fogged" the seal has failed and you are no longer receiving any of the glass's insulating properties.
Myth: You can change just one side of an insulated glass unit if broken.
Fact: Unfortunately, No. As a vacuum sealed unit with dead air space, unit has to be replaced as a complete unit and not just one piece.
No other component has as much affect on the type of energy savings you'll experience in your home as does the type of glazing you use. Fogged insulated glass units or single pane windows result in as much as 60% of the total energy loss in your home or business. All of our insulated glass units feature a 10 year seal warranty against fogging.
Low E glass-
With the rising energy costs in the country the question on everyone's mind is how to save money. The answer, Low E glass.
* Improves the window U-
* Allows the inner pane to stay warmer in winter.
* Reduces room side condensation of the window.
* Reduces the transmission of ultraviolet light.
* Maintains a natural appearance, viewed from the outside or inside.
* Carries a 10-
* Is manufactured by PPG, a leader in flat glass manufacturing, with one of the world's largest glass R&D centers and extensive quality assurance and technical services groups.
NYS now requires all commercial buildings to be glazed using Low E glass. We encourage homeowners to make the same choice.
Rigging Large Insulated Glass Panels For Curtain Wall-
Insulated Glass Being Installed In Private Residence Croton On Hudson, NY
ATM Glass insulated glass capabilities:
ATM Mirror And Glass Group
3115 Albany Post Rd
Buchanan, NY 10511
Offices & Production.
(C) 2015 ATM Mirror and Glass